Veterinary Testimonials

For additional cases, please download our presentation.


It was Monday when the phone call came in. Jackson was hurting. Several surgeons refused to perform corrective anterior cruciate rupture knee surgery because of his excessive weight of 128 pounds. Now, a year later, he suffered a similar injury on his ‘good’ leg. This 9 year old Golden Retriever could hardly get around. Jackson also had bilateral hip dysplasia and was a poor anesthetic risk.

Faced with the prospect of putting Jackson to sleep, his owner was given the option of entering him in a trial test of a new regenerative therapy. Since this patient was in such a compromising position, the procedure was to be performed the following morning.

On arrival, Jackson was struggling to walk, shifting most of his weight to his front legs and barely able to keep his rear-end off the ground. His vital signs were taken and he was admitted to the hospital. Using a rapid acting and reversible anesthesia, Jackson was sedated; his heart function carefully monitored; digital x-rays taken of his back, hips and rear legs; and immediately surgically prepped at 5 sites: both hips, both ‘knees’, and at the lumbosacral junction where the back joins the hips. Two injections of the product had been prepared in advance but three additional injections were made up after evaluating the radiographs. All 5 sites were injected. In less than 15 minutes, the procedures were completed and Jackson’s anesthesia was reversed. His recovery was uneventful. After monitoring for a few hours, his owner came to pick him up and Jackson was able to walk out with less effort than just a few hours earlier.

Two days later, Jackson’s owner unexpectedly came into the hospital’s waiting room with Jackson walking at her side, just to show us how well he was doing. The story unfortunately has a sad ending. One month passed by and a follow up phone call was made to check up on Jackson. His owner sadly informed me that Jackson had chased a cat into the road and was fatally struck by a car.

This case may sound exceptional and it is. Not all dogs in the trial study respond as well as Jackson did but over 50% of the 63 trial study cases improved significantly. Ten percent did not improve at all. Two dogs receiving cervical nerve impingement treatment (paravertebral injections) experienced pain for 24 hours before significantly improving.


When I first called for information on Orogen, I was at the end of available options for my 14 year old jumper, Able. On July 27, 2008, he became instantly lame while on course at a show. Initially we thought he tore his tendon and during surgery to repair the tear, it was found that his deep digital flexor tendon had completely ruptured off the bone all the way down as far as his surgeon could see. Despite recommendations to euthanize, I had them wake him up. My ultimate goal became to give him a comfortable retirement.

Within 2 weeks of surgery, the tendon started to push out the incision line and eventually a 2×2 inch area of tendon was exposed and the wound kept getting larger despite every attempt to close it. Able became extremely lame, to the point of being on three legs. He came home on IV antibiotics, which ran over $100 a day and the wound kept getting worse. I was preparing myself to make the decision to let him go when a friend emailed me the Orogen website and encouraged me to find out more. I was skeptical when I first called but by the time I hung up, I had a glimmer of hope and a plan. The staff at Orogen were confident they could close his wound and gave me support and encouragement I needed to give him a chance. Money was beyond tight at this point and I had to do the treatments myself, but the doctors walked me through it every step of the way and answered every question and concern that I had. Able kept fighting and never gave up and neither did the Orogen staff. They remained positive and instructed me on every aspect of Able’s overall care, down to the vitamins and supplements he needed to help him fight off infection and stay strong.

After the first treatment, there was definitely an improvement in the wound size but Able was running out of time. He was still standing on three legs and on IV antibiotics and getting tired. We did a 2nd treatment to speed up the healing due to the increasing risks of founder or laminitis. The wound closed up but Able still stood on three legs. His physical condition kept deteriorating and he was getting very weak but his spirit stayed strong and he kept eating and fighting. The general consensus seemed to be to let him go. Even I was leaning toward that but the Orogen staff never stopped encouraging me to keep fighting for him. As a last ditch effort, while soaking his foot to rule out an abscess, my vet injected Orogen into the rupture site because we had nothing to lose at this point. I told myself I’d give Able one more week, and even scheduled to have him euthanized in 7 days. Exactly 5 days after the injection, Able started to stand on four legs. That was the Monday after Thanksgiving and words can’t describe how I felt when I saw him standing on four legs.

Since November, Able has gotten stronger and sounder. We’ve had a lot of ups and downs but the good days far outweigh the bad days. In March, we started to turn Able out in a tiny paddock for an hour at a time. It was a learning curve, figuring out what he could and could not handle. He required a lot of special care including special shoeing, icing his leg after turnout, daily medications and vitamins, leg wraps, etc. We even had to use a sling at the hospital to shoe him a few times but he’s now able to handle being shod at home. He is currently handling two 3 hour turnout sessions a day in a larger paddock and only a gram of bute twice a day. I’ve learned to relax when he lets out a huge buck or canters a few strides in his paddock. We are at least a year away from him handling a big field with other horses but I know he will get there. If you didn’t know his story, you’d never know he almost died a year ago. He is beautiful, strong, sound and happy to be alive. I know that without the Orogen treatments and staff support, my horse would not be here today and we will both be forever grateful. Thank you for everything.

Video Of Able Today


We have been through a lot with our mare Berry since the incident in September of 2007. Thanks to the OroGen treatments we were able to salvage Berry. The local veterinarians had treated Berry’s wound with several different procedures from localized antibiotic treatments, removal of the tendons and their best effort resulted in more damage. We’ve seen no change in the treatments and were preparing ourselves for the worst.

We had about given up hope with treating Berry’s wound until we were fortunate to become acquainted with you and your techniques with the OroGen. After one treatment, we saw a sense of hope those two years of training would not be lost and not to mention financial burden we had experienced. In two and half months prior to the OroGen +™ the wound was getting larger and worse. Within a week the OroGen +™ had rejuvenated the wound that seem desiccated and had now showed circulation of blood flow back to the wound. Berry was using her leg to walk. It was amazing to see how it was starting to heal. The new skin that formed as the wound was closing was more durable and thicker. The skin also had hair growing immediately which was also incredible. 

The wound is now healed. We were concerned that the mare would only be able to be utilized as a brood mare if she did not heal. Today the mare is back as a performance horse running the barrels nearly as she was before and competed this last weekend placed 2nd.

We keep anywhere from 12 to 16 horse at any given time so we are not strangers to wounds but from now on we will treat any critical wounds with OroGen +™ treatment in the future. Once again we THANK YOU for all your help in healing Berry.

Mike and Amanda Fuller
1316 B Rd
Loxahatchee, Fl 33170


Baby is a 23 year old Thoroughbred mixed with Arabian that was injured by a kick to the face from another horse. She ultimately developed a fungal infection that pretty much covered the entire right side of her face. Due to the fact that she is people-shy and is very difficult to handle or treat, Robert Brandt’s and OroGen’s treatment has been very successful because the treatment is very potent and accelerates healing. Without this treatment her wound would not have healed as quickly and safely as it has. Because she is so difficult to treat she needs to be tranquilized in order to accept the treatment and for the safety of her caregivers.

Pictures were taken before, during and after treatment on her face and the progress is shown with amazing results (See Photos in Case Studies). Without the T(rf)’s treatment, it was necessary to clean and disinfect her daily which caused Baby a lot of stress and fear towards the people that were handling her. OroGen’s treatment has made it possible for her to trust humans again and she is not associating humans with pain and discomfort.

After initial treatment on her face, Baby was injured a second time on her legs due to jumping a fence. Her injuries were quite severe and the same treatment was applied. Her injuries have been monitored and photographed and the drastic changes in her healing are clearly shown. I believe that without this treatment Baby could have been permanently injured and scarred, not only physically but emotionally injured as well.

Jun 10, 2014 | Posted by | 0 comments
© 2014 Heritage BioScience